Slideshows and presentations during a zoom call can be very boring part for any employee. But, everyone knows it is a necessity for many business organizations.
So, how do we avoid this boredom?
The direct approach is to make your presentation more engaging and Perhaps you would like to add audio to make it more appealing.
But, Do you know how to add audio to google slides?
If not, then here is a detailed guide to help you to add narration, soundtrack, background music, or add audio files to your presentation.
Save audio to Google Drive
Before adding an audio file to Google Slides, ensure you have saved those media files on Google Drive. You cannot directly upload or add a file without saving them on your Drive. As google slides do not take other sources to import files. So, save the audio file on Google Drive and make sure it doesn’t have any background noise.
How to upload media and audio files to Google Drive?
Remember Google slides do not have a record audio feature. To use an audio file on your Google Slides, you need to have an MP3 file, wav file, or record audio separately. In order to select the media file, you want to upload on Google Slides follow the below steps.
- Sign in to your Google Drive account first.
- Select New from the menu which is in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select File upload as soon as the menu appears.
- Choose the audio file you want to use for your Google Slide from the menu when File Explorer opens. Take the Mic test before recording to ensure good audio quality.
- After the file has been successfully uploaded, a green checkmark will appear next to it.
- And as this process is completed a notification will appear in the page’s lower right corner. Know that your media file is uploaded on the drive successfully.
How to add audio to google slides?
As of now, you have uploaded the audio file of your choice on Google Drive, you can import the file into your Google Slides presentation.
Follow these simple steps to add the audio file from Google Drive to Google Slides.
- Go to Google Slides > select Insert from the menu bar > select Audio
- Then, select the My Drive tab > choose your audio file > click on the select button when the Insert Audio window appears.
- The slide will then show a speaker icon and player controls. You can change its position or size by bringing it to another position.
- Additionally, you can also change how and when the audio is played throughout your presentation. Go to the menu bar to select Format, followed by the Format options.
- On the right side, the Format options pane appears and is opened for audio playback. Select whether you’d prefer the audio to start playing when you click the audio icon or when the slide opens automatically under the Audio playback section.
- By moving the slider next to the volume while presenting, you can also control the volume accordingly. You can select the Volume slider options as per your requirement such as Loop audio, Stop the audio on the slide change and Hide Volume icon. If you are a gamer and your mic is not working then, then you can fix the mic of your Xbox one by plugging and unplugging the device.
Q1: How do you add sound to a slide?
Ans: When you are working on adding the sound to the slide, just click the slide to have a sound added to on Normal view. Then click the arrow next to Audio in the media group of the Insert tab. Click Audio from the file in the list, and quickly access the desired audio file, select and click to insert it. The slide displays the controls and audio. You can increase the audio accordingly.
Q2: Can you add audio to the Google Slides app?
Ans: On your Android device, launch Google Slides and navigate to the “Insert” tab in the menu bar. Search for the audio clip you saved to your Google Drive by selecting “Audio” and selecting it. The audio clip will then be added to your Google Slides presentation after you click “Select.”
Q3: Why can’t I insert audio in Google Slides?
Ans: In comparison to Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides only allows you to “link” to video and audio files. You can upload, store and link to your audio and video files during presentations through Google Drive.
Q4: Can Audio be recorded in Google Slides?
Ans: Google Slides doesn’t offer a recording option. Hence, you will have to use another software program to record the audio file and save it to your Google Drive. GarageBand, Online Voice Recorder, and Audacity are some web-based software for audio recording. ( Check the compatibility with the PC brand you are using)
Q5: What audio files does Google Slides support?
Ans: MP3 and .wav are the formats that are accepted and supported by Google Slides. You should always remember that Google Slides only supports audio files uploaded to your Google Drive account. So you must do that before adding any audio to your presentation.
You can use these google applications in various ways to reduce your workload. You don’t have to return to the office to grab a file from their computer. People started working remotely in this manner. While using Google Slides, you can create presentations in a Google Meet conference. Google Slides makes it simple to include audio in presentations.
Adding audio can improve the presentation quality. Whether you want a background soundtrack or you need it to describe certain slides, it can do everything. Any presentation that incorporates media is more interesting. To get going, you’ll need a solid internet connection, sound files with compatible file extensions, and a presentation you can add audio to.