Are you an avid gamer?
If yes, then you must be knowing the importance of gaming headset when it comes to PC games.
Wel, Corsair is one such brand that is loved by all. However, there are times when players occasionally face the Corsair H2100 mic Not Working Issue while disabling the mic.
The frequent user reports demonstrate that the capability to record audio can be impacted by signal quality. The problem can also arise from wrong system settings.
Fortunately, the issue isn’t that difficult to solve; there are a number of simple and effective solutions that one can employ.
In this article, we’ve listed the possible solutions to fix this issue.
Read on to know more!
Possible Fixes for Corsair H2100 mic Not Working Issue
Fix 1 – Set the Corsair mic as the default device
Make sure the Corsair H2100 headset is set as your primary audio recording device. This is especially significant for anyone using the headset with Windows.
The headphones will typically result in microphone problems like this one if it isn’t configured as the default device for recording. To ensure that these parameters are properly changed is the first step in the solution.
To do this, follow the below steps:
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Switch to Huge Icons for View.
- Choose Sound.
- Find the Recording tab by navigating.
- Corsair Microphone should be left-clicked, then select the Properties option.
- Check the Default Format section under the Advanced tab in the Microphone Properties window.
- Decide on 2 channels, 16 bit, and 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
- Reopen the Sound window after that.
- To set the device as the default, use the right-click menu.
- Click “Apply” then “OK.”
Fix 2 – Alter the iCUE settings
One suggestion for all those who have just received their headphones and/or installed the iCUE software is to take advantage of all of its numerous choices.
There are a tonne of various audio input settings available here. To get rid of any kind of issues, ensure these are modified to your preferences and that the input volume is configured properly as well.
Fix 3 – Troubleshoot
- Launch Settings
- On Windows 10, click on System or Update & Security.
- Press Troubleshoot.
- Troubleshooters in addition to others.
- The Recording Audio troubleshooter should be located.
- Run the Troubleshooter to launch it
Fix 4 – Update audio driver
In particular, this solution is really straightforward. While computers typically handle issues like these for consumers, there are a rare few situations where one would need to manually update audio drivers. This also includes the Corsair H2100 drivers.
Ensure that you locate and download the most recent version of these from the official Corsair website. If the first approach didn’t work, think about totally removing and reinstalling them as well.
To do this, follow the below steps.
- Launch Device Manager
- Extend Game controllers, Video, and Sound.
- Uninstall device is the option you should use when you right-click on the Corsair audio driver
- Switch off your computer and then again turn it on
- After the reboot, drivers need to be installed automatically from scratch.
Fix 5 – Update the hardware firmware of your PC
Your headset needs a firmware upgrade in order to work correctly. Update the firmware on your Corsair headset to see if that fixes the problem.
- Connect the Corsair headset to your PC.
- Start iCUE.
- Choose the Settings tab.
- After choosing your headset, tick the box next to “Force update” and press the “Update” button.
- Wait for the procedure to be finished and test your headset.
Now that you’ve configured the Corsair headset microphone correctly, perform a mic check and see if the issue still persists.
Fix 6 – Permit applications to use the microphone
Another easy fix to this issue is to give your apps access to the mic. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Press the Windows key and the I key to launch the Settings app. You might look it up as well.
- See the section titled “Privacy.”
- The section for app permissions should be on the left side of the window.
- Click the microphone when you have scrolled all the way down.
- Make sure the option for Microphone access for this device is turned on. If it’s not, select Change and move the slider to the on position.
- Slider for “Allow apps to access your microphone” should be set to “On.”
- On your PC, scroll down the list of installed apps. Change the slider that is right next to the apps whose access you want to provide.
- Switch off your computer.
Fix 7 – Modify the sound settings
Occasionally you have to manually change the sound default devices. You can also assemble your own microphone.
We’ll walk you through the process.
- Right-click on the taskbar’s sound icon and click on “Sounds”.
- Click on your Corsair headset after opening the “Record” option. Make it the default gadget.
- Click your Corsair headset once again and then select “Properties.”
- Choose the “Levels” tab and completely drag the slider to the right. Choose “OK.”
- To save your changes, click “OK.”
Your microphone should start working once again if you use your Corsair headset.
Fix 8 – Solve the hardware issues
Check if the hardware is the issue. Use a different audio port on your smartphone to connect your Corsair headset. After that, connect the headset to a different device and see if it functions.
If the microphone continues to malfunction, the headset most likely has to be repaired. If you utilise the wireless dongle, carefully press the tiny button on the rear with a paperclip.
As the LED light starts to flash, keep pressing the on/off button until the LED light is steady. If the hardware is functioning properly, the Corsair software or audio settings may be to blame. We’ll talk about these ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Why isn t my Corsair HS60 mic not working?
Ans. If you’re using an improper or out-of-date headset or audio driver, the microphone on your Corsair HS60 headset won’t function. Thus, you ought to upgrade the driver to see whether that resolves the problem. Your driver can be updated manually or automatically.
Q2. Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
Ans. Launch the Settings app and select “Sound”. Then select “Manage sound devices” from the Troubleshoot option of input devices. Find your device in the Disabled section and then click on the “Enable” toggle to switch on the microphone.
Q3. How do I reset my Corsair microphone?
Ans. For around 15 seconds, depress the headset’s mute button. Till the headset turns on, keep holding down the power button. Check to check if the problem is fixed by testing your headset.
Q4. How do I activate my PC microphone?
Ans. To access the microphone, go to Start > Settings > Privacy. Make sure Microphone access for this device is turned on and click Change under Allow access to the microphone on this device.
Q5. How do I unmute my Corsair headset?
Ans. The microphone can be muted by simply turning it up, and it can be unmuted by flipping it back down. With Corsair’s iCue, you can modify or toggle everything else. Last but not least, the HS65’s 3.5mm audio port serves as its main connection. With the 7.1 surround-sound USB converter that is included, you can convert it into a USB connection.